Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NEWS: In Solidarity with Butche, Punk Rock Love

GOOD TIMES BANDUNG: Lord Butche, Kieran James, and two young punk dudes, 9 Oct 2011
Hi, I heard about the passing away of the son of the Bandung punk rock singer Lord Butche of The Cruel. His son was less than one year old and we in the metal and punk community are very saddened by this. We give full support and solidarity to Butche and family. For those who don't know Butche he is a very warm and cheerful person who connects the punk, metal and artistic scenes in Bandung. He is close to the metalheads in Bandung Death Metal Syndicate and he always tries to bridge the punk and metal scenes. I have spent some good nights with him at The Common Room in Bandung singing Rancid and Pistols songs with him and drinking vodka and Bintang. You fucking rock Butche...I will see you soon. - Kieran James.

I dedicate this great Rancid song to Butche. For you my friend....

OTHERSIDE (2003)

I was an atheist,

You wore the crucifix,
We put our differences to the side,
Lesson taught, well lesson learned,
You told me not to mourn,
Your heart is bigger than any man alive.

[Tim:] Campbell, California,
Aw, please don't let me down,
Robert, I remember when you used to run the town,
I'll never forget, and I'll always be your friend,
I'm gonna see you on the otherside.
[Both:] Yeah I'm gonna see you on the otherside.

[Lars:] I'm weakening at the knees,
From the pain, now you are free
I miss the days that you walked with me,
Loyal brother, loyal friend
Showed me how to be a man,
I love you, Robert, and I always will.

[Tim:] Campbell, California,
Aw, please don't let me down,
Robert I remember when you used to run the town,
I'll never forget, and I'll always be your friend,
I'm gonna see you on the otherside.
[Both:] Yeah I'm gonna see you on the otherside.



No comments:

Post a Comment