Wednesday, February 1, 2012

NEWS: PREVIEW OF MORTIFICATION (AUSTRALIA) NEW ALBUM "SCRIBE OF THE PENTATEUCH"

NEWS: PREVIEW OF MORTIFICATION (AUSTRALIA) NEW ALBUM SCRIBE OF THE PENTATEUCH

Scribe Of The Pentateuch is well on its way in mix. I heard the final mix of opening track "Extradiefor" yesterday and it sounds world-class! With Lincoln Bowen's return on Guitar and Mark McCormack's genius mixing and production, I think this release is going to be our best sounding yet. Mark has thankfully come out of Band Production retirement to do this for me. Thank You Mark! "Extradiefor" is Massive Brutal Death Metal! It also sounds very modern!! So fans of Arch Enemy, newer Carcass and even As I Lay Dying will love this song! The second song on the Disc is called "In Garland Hall". It is more Brutal Viking-Style Extreme Metal and so fans of all Extreme Metal styles will love this one!

"The Jaws Of Life" is very reminiscent of 1991 Mortification Brutal Thrashing Death! The title track is a mix with some massive surprises and some Killer Blast-Beats! I think I am most excited about this song!! "Weapons Of Mass Salvation" is Death/Thrash with a tinge of modern black metal. I do quite a few Immortal style Vocals here and there with most songs, along with the deep Death Metal vocals. So if you have ever heard Immortal, you will know what I mean here. "The White Death" is Doomish but with plenty of Morbid Angel style speed mixed in. If you have heard Morbid Angel then once again you know what to expect.


From Steve Rowe
MORTIFICATION
2 February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment